Sunday School Teacher Mary E. Rose's Gregg Short Hand Book
This copy of Gregg Transcription by Leslie Zoubek was owned by Sister Mary E. Rose a Sunday School teacher at Matthews Memorial Baptist Church. John Robert Gregg (1867-1948) was the inventor of short hand originally known as light line phonography. He founded the Gregg Publishing Company in 1896. Rose worked as a professional secretary for the U.S. Veterans Administration, and the Gregg manual was an invaluable tool to those in her field. Rose was well-liked as a Sunday School teacher, and her former students remembered her fondly throughout their lives. She is the mother of Deacon Rose Beasley, and former member, the Reverend Peggy Harrod.
Matthews Memorial Baptist Church
Grant - 12-DCCHP-11
Image Copyright Deacon Elijah Sutton, 2012
The Humanities Council holds the right to display and distribute grant funded materials.
Researchers are responsible for obtaining proper rights and permissions from original copyright holders.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
3968x2640 px (three images)
Copy the code below into your web page