Missionary log journal from 1952 with photos of Missionary presidents Jones and Banks
“Property of the Marshall Memorial Missionary Society of the Matthews Memorial Bapt. Church” is the inscription on the opening page of this missionary log journal. The minutes of its May 5, 1952 meeting, held at the home of one of its members, was near the annual celebration of Mother’s Day. The lesson discussion, “Mother’s Love,” and the related scripture from Proverbs 31 was led by the “instructress,” the handwritten minutes report. Two small photographs at left show two of the Missionary presidents: Missionary Dorothy Jones who served for 37 years, and Missionary Della Banks, who served in this leadership role for more than eight years.
Matthews Memorial Baptist Church
Grant - 12-DCCHP-11
Jones, Dorothy M.
Image Copyright Deacon Elijah Sutton, 2012
The Humanities Council holds the right to display and distribute grant funded materials.
Researchers are responsible for obtaining proper rights and permissions from original copyright holders.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Copy the code below into your web page